Creative Boutique is located at 302 Pearl Street Suite C New Albany, IN 47150 (812) 557-0791

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Made by Milly (Billy & Michelle)

Billy & I collaborated on a project over the weekend! We had so much fun turning these on the lathe!
I'm posting some pics taken during the process so you can see a little bit of what goes in to them:)  

Hand-turned wood and acrylic earrings! 


They start out just a chunk of wood...

Then turned down to circular shape...

Then we drill a whole through...and cut into a bunch of pieces!




Ready to sand & polish...




Billy cutting the star...

Me!


Our little workshop helpers...

 Acrylic turned piece, ready for sanding and polishing!

ooohhhh shiny....




This was a lot of fun, I can't wait to make a ton more!










1 comment:

  1. Great to see in the process. I wont tell you my age but---I remember when wood or acrylic earrings were the rage--late 1960's - 70's
    Had some then,gonna half to have some now.

    ReplyDelete